- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers diced
- 2 Tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Storing Jalapeno Sauce
You may store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Or you may freeze this for up to 2 months. I like to use a well-sealed freezer bag to store this sauce. Since this creamy jalapeno sauce uses mayonnaise and sour cream, it should not be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
FAQs about Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- What could I serve with this flavorful jalapeno sauce? This works well served with many different things. It is an excellent accompaniment to a cheese quesadilla or really any Mexican dish! I like to put a couple of tablespoons of the sauce inside homemade quesadillas. It is a great sauce for chicken or wings as well. You could also use it as a dipping sauce for veggies or even as a delicious salad dressing on a taco salad. Another serving idea would be to place it in a small bowl at the center of a tray and place tortilla chips around it.
- How much does the full recipe make? The full recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of sauce.
- Does this creamy jalapeño sauce keep well? Yes! In fact, this is one of those great recipes that tastes even better the next day!
- Can this taco bell sauce be served warm? Yes! You could warm it in the microwave at medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Make sure to stir it well, so there are no hot spots.
- Why is my Creamy Jalapeno Sauce watery? It can be because you added too much juice, or the pickles had too much liquid when you added it. If this is the case, you can add more mayonnaise to make it thicker.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg