These Pecan Pie Brownies are made of a fudgy brownie base layered with a decadent pecan pie topping! Swap the pie crust with these buttery, moist, and gooey squares and enjoy each bite oozing with chocolaty and nutty goodness! Why settle for a traditional Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving when you can have these instead?
Homemade Pecan Pie Brownies
If you are a serial chocolate lover and are looking for ways to incorporate it on your Thanksgiving table, then this easy Pecan Pie brownies recipe is the answer to your prayers! After all, why settle for the same ‘ol pie every year, right? And since I am all for taking it easy in the kitchen, I made this using a box of brownie mix. Now before you raise your eyebrows at that, I made the pecan pie filling from scratch, which makes it homemade, alright? I urge you to try it out! It’s an easy, outrageously delicious, and addicting Thanksgiving dessert that you will crave every holiday from here on out!
Why This Recipe Works
- Make the chocolate brownie base and pecan pie mixture in just 15 minutes! Waiting out the baking and chilling time is actually the hardest part.
- This pecan pie brownie recipe is made using 8 pantry-friendly ingredients only. Making it yourself would cost less than buying them on those fancy bakeries.
- Just like my Carmelita Bars, these homemade brownies are freezer-friendly and can be made weeks ahead of time! With dessert taken cared of, you have more free time to enjoy the holidays.
- This chocolate fudge brownies recipe with nutty filling is customizable and is the perfect dessert that you can make any time of the year.
- Boxed brownie mix
- Salted butter
- Corn syrup
- Brown sugar
Kitchen Tools you’ll Need
- 9-inch baking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Cooling rack
Make the Pecan Pie Brownies
Prepare the following:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9X9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter at room temperature or in the microwave to save time.
- Chop the pecans to your desired size.
- Follow package instructions to prepare your brownie mix, then pour it into your prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for half the specified baking time + 5 minutes. For example, if the box says to bake them for 40 minutes, bake them for 25 minutes before adding the pecan pie filling.
- Start making the pecan pie layer by stirring the melted butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the eggs and continue mixing until well incorporated, then add the chopped pecans.
- Pour the pecan pie filling on top of the baked brownies in an even layer. Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Let it sit and cool down for a few minutes on a cooling rack, then chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Tips when Making Pecan Pie Brownies
- Do not overmix your brownie batter. No need to use an electric mixer as you only need to stir until there are no dry spots left. A few lumps is okay.
- The baking time for any brownie mix differs from each other. Make sure to check on the instructions on the package and follow it accordingly. I used Betty Crocker for a which was for a 9X9 pan. if you are using the same, then the timing on the recipe will work out perfectly well. However, if you are using a different brand or size of pan, ,ale the necessary adjustments.
- Before pouring the pecan pie filling on top of the brownie base, make sure that the top is set and firm. If it is still wobbly, bake for a few more minutes.
- Do not wait for the pecan pie mixture to fully firm up and harden. It should set just enough for it not to jiggle before removing from the oven. It will continue to bake and frim up as it cools.
- Chill before cutting to make perfectly neat squares.
FAQs for Pecan Pie Brownies
Yes, just use the same amount. You could also use a combination of white and brown sugar as long as the total amount is 1 cup.
Yes, just add an extra ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Walnuts would be the most similar, but you could try macadamia nuts, cashews, or even peanuts for something really different.
Yes, I would recommend doubling the pecan pie topping ingredients.
Yes, you may just need to increase the baking time slightly as the brownies will be a little thicker.
You could substitute the same amount of honey or maple syrup.
If you’ve tried these PECAN PIE BROWNIES or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
- 1 box brownie mix , and ingredients needed to make the boxed brownies – ours needed water, oil, and egg
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9X9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box. Stir until just mixed – do not use an electric mixer.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for half of the recommended baking time plus 5 more minutes- to start. (For example, if the box says they need 40 minutes to bake, you will bake them for 25 minutes before adding the pecan pie topping.)
- While the brownies are baking, you will prepare the pecan pie topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Then mix in the eggs. When that is very well mixed, stir in the chopped pecans.
- When the brownies are finished their first baking time, take them out of the oven and spread the pecan mixture evenly over them. (If the brownies still look wet, they need more time. The top should be just set when you take them out of the oven.)
- Place the brownies (with the pecan pie topping added) back into the oven and continue baking for another 25-30 minutes. The top should be just set – not jiggly. The pie topping will continue to set as it cools.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely on a cooling rack. You will be able to slice them more neatly if you chill them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cutting.