Cookie Dough Dip
How many times growing up were you told that you couldn’t eat raw cookie dough? I swear I heard it at least once a week! But now, that rule is over. This delicious Cookie Dough Dip was meant to be eaten without being cooked! Your childhood dreams are coming true!
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH DIP
When you’re craving a no bake dessert dip, why deprive yourself? This dip is fast and simple and is literally ready in less than 15 minutes of time. I’ve made this for parties or for one of my Netflix binging sessions at home. (don’t judge!)
When you can easily make a sweet treat without having to turn on your oven, you know it’s going to be a hit! This sweet dip is not only delicious, but it’s addictive as well. Get ready – you’re going to be licking the bowl!
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER DESSERT RECIPES:
Ready for more easy recipes that will treat your taste buds? Once you fix your cookie dough craving, it’s time to move on to some of my other dessert options!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It tastes like actual cookie dough!
- This sweet dessert dip is a guilty pleasure that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. (it’s mom-approved!)
- You can add in any type of chocolate chips to change up the flavor of this edible cookie dough.
- This simple recipe will pass the taste test and be gobbled in in little time! The bad news? You may be eating it all yourself!
- Cream cheese
- Salted butter
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
*see recipe card for detailed measurements
KITCHEN SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP
Get ready to love the taste and texture of this creamy chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe.
Step 1: Use a mixer and beat together the softened butter and the cream cheese. Make sure that the cream cheese is softened as well.
Step 2: Once the mixture is creamed together well, add in the confectioners’ sugar and the brown sugar and mix well.
Step 3: Add in the vanilla and mix well. You’re then going to throw in the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Keep the dip in the fridge until you’re ready to eat! This would be perfect at your next party and is the best thing to curb your sweet tooth.
This tasty dip is sure to be the best part of your day. (and the good news is that you can make it and enjoy it all to yourself if you want! Sometimes being an adult totally has perks!)
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
- Let this decadent dip chill in the fridge for a few moments before eating it. I think the coolness really adds to the great taste.
- This no bake dessert dip can be served with pretzels, chocolate graham crackers, teddy grahams, honey graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and even mini chocolate chip cookies. If you’re wanting to add some health, you can dip with fresh fruit as well! (apple slices are always a great idea!)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- Use mini chocolate chips – There’s just something so cute about mini chocolate chips. They’re bite-sized perfection.
- Looking for some crunch? Add some toffee bits and enjoy!
- Change up the type of chocolate chips – Peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips would be amazing, too! I’d even do a combination of milk chocolate chips and any of the others.
- Don’t have brown sugar? No worries – just use confectioners sugar in its place.
- No cream cheese in the fridge? Don’t stress. You can use ricotta cheese or mascarpone cheese instead. The flavor will be a bit different so make sure you’re tasting it as you’re making it to adjust the sugar needed. Also, if you do use ricotta cheese, don’t forget to strain it to get rid of excess moisture.
This cookie dough dip with cream cheese needs to be stored in the fridge. I like to cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. It’s best eaten within 3-5 days of storing it.
Due to the added ingredients, this no bake cookie dough dip does NOT freeze well and should be eaten fresh.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is this recipe for cookie dough dip edible?
It’s because there are no raw eggs or raw flour. The simple ingredients used in this cookie dough recipe are safe to eat without having to be cooked. (and when combined – it’s the perfect creamy cookie dough dip!)
Can I premake this easy dessert dip?
You can. If you want to make it a day or two ahead of time, it’ll give that cream cheese flavor and the other added ingredients time to really mesh together and be amazing.
How hard is it to change this dessert dip into a different flavor?
It’s really not hard at all. You can easily make this into a peanut butter dip by adding in peanut butter! You can also create a delicious dip that tastes like mint by adding in mint chocolate chips. Since there aren’t a ton of ingredients in this recipe, changing the flavor of one of them will easily create new delicious recipes to love.
Now that you know how to make cookie dough dip, it’s time to make the real thing yourself. This easy cookie dough dip is sure to become one of your favorite dessert dip recipes!
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
Other Dessert Recipes
Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cookies for dipping
- Use a mixer and beat together the softened butter and the cream cheese. Make sure that the cream cheese is softened as well.
- Once the mixture is creamed together well, add in the confectioners’ sugar and the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well. You're then going to store in the chocolate chips.
- Keep the dip in the fridge until you're ready to eat! This would be perfect at your next party and is the best thing to curb your sweet tooth.