Hawaiian Roll Sliders are the perfect easy recipe! The soft Hawaiian rolls paired with the melted cheese and beef will have you grabbing one for each hand. These individual sandwiches are about to be a new family favorite. They’re also a super great party food or an easy weeknight dinner. These little sandwiches are going to make the whole family very happy!
Hawaiian Roll Sliders
When you think of delicious meals, easy sliders should pop right into your brain. Most people make this classic recipe using a package of Hawaiian rolls and layers of ham and cheese – but we’re not most people!
We skipped on the deli ham and instead whipped up these cheeseburger sliders. And I can tell you one thing – I’ll never what to eat individual sliders any other way!
This recipe may be perfect party food, but it’s also a fun dinner to eat in peace with your family at home. I’ve even been known to whip up a double batch because the first round was such a big hit!
Try some of my other easy party favorites
If you’re looking for perfect finger food or a great family meal option, you’ll love these recipes: Monte Cristo Sliders, Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders, Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks Or you could even make a breakfast recipe: King’s Hawaiian Cheesecake Danish
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- The sweet Hawaiian rolls pair perfectly with the rest of the ingredients
- You can make these for game day, birthdays, weekend dinners, and more
- This great recipe just needs a side dish of potato chips to complete the meal
Ingredients for the Cheeseburger Sliders
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese
- Slider buns
- Salted butter
- Sesame seeds
*see recipe card for detailed measurements
KITCHEN SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
- Cheese grater
How to make these Sweet Hawaiian Roll Sliders
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add nonstick cooking spray to a rimmed baking sheet.
Step Two: Add olive oil to a skillet and then add the onion. Cook and stir until the onion is soft. Once that is done, add the ground beef and fry and stir until there is no pink left. Drain off the excess grease.
Step Three: Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, mayonnaise, salt & pepper, and garlic powder and then take off the heat.
Step Four: Cut the entire package of slider rolls in half and put the bottom of the rolls directly into the baking dish. Cover the whole bottom half with the ground beef mixture, and then sprinkle 2 cups of cheese on top. Put the top halves of the buns on top.
Step Five: Use melted butter and brush it on top of the buns. Add sesame seeds.
Step Six: Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. The tops of the rolls should be golden brown, and the cheese should be melted.
To store leftover cooked Hawaiian roll sliders with beef, you just need to add the Hawaiian sliders to an airtight container and keep them stored in the fridge. They should stay fresh for 2-3 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months as well. To reheat, put them into the microwave for 35 seconds at a high temperature or put them into the air fryer for three minutes at 350 degrees. This will crisp up that sweet bun!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
Want to use cheese slices and not shredded cheese? Go for it! You can even change up the type of cheese. Think provolone cheese, swiss cheese to make swiss sliders, or use any kinds of cheese that you want.
Looking for options to cut out some fat? Ground turkey is an excellent substitute for ground beef!
Don’t have garlic powder? No stress! You can use four teaspoons of minced garlic or even four garlic cloves. You’ve got options!
How long to bake Hawaiian roll sliders?
Once you have everything added, you need to put them in the oven and bake for up to 12 minutes of time. Pay attention to the tops of the sandwiches as you don’t want them to burn.
Can I make other types of sliders using this same recipe?
For sure. Buffalo chicken sliders are a great option that has a ton of flavor. Just be sure that the chicken is cooked all the way thoroughly (with an internal temperature of 165 degrees) to be safe to eat. You’ll have to adjust the cooking time and cook the chicken separately to ensure that it’s done and cooked all the way.
You can also scale back and do the classic ham and cheese slider recipes as well. You have options – and they’re all delicious!
What side dishes pair well with cheeseburger Hawaiian roll sliders?
Literally, anything that you want. Potato chips or french fries are never a bad idea. Ever. I also think that a good potato salad or even baked beans would be stellar as well.
For a lighter side dish, you could even whip up a delicious side salad and enjoy it as well. Whatever your favorite recipe is to eat with cheeseburgers, make it!
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 slider buns
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add nonstick cooking spray to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Step Two: Add olive oil to a skillet and then add in the onion. Cook and stir until the onion is soft. Once that is done, add the ground beef and fry and stir until there is no pink left. Drain off the excess grease.
- Step Three: Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, mayonnaise, salt & pepper, and garlic powder and then take off the heat.
- Step Four: Cut the entire package of slider rolls in half and put the bottom of the rolls directly into the baking dish. Cover the whole bottom half with the ground beef mixture and then sprinkle 2 cups of cheese on top. Put the top halves of the buns on top.
- Step Five: Use melted butter and brush it on top of the buns. Add sesame seeds.
- Step Six: Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. The tops of the rolls should be golden brown and the cheese should be melted.