Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks
The next time that you’re craving an easy meal, make this Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak recipe! It’s the perfect way to get that traditional Philly cheesesteak flavor in less than 15 minutes!
Call me crazy – but that’s a simple recipe that I’ll happily make over and over again. You’re about to see why this is one of my favorite air fryer recipes. (and my entire family agrees!)
AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK
Sometimes, busy weeknights happen, and that means that suddenly I’m scrambling for something to make for dinner. The good news is that these air fryer Philly cheesesteaks are always a hit.
This staple sandwich is an easy recipe, but when you get to make it in the air fryer, the taste is over the top. Plus – let’s be honest…cooking in the air fryer means that it’s quick, easy, and super simple to clean up!
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER DINNER RECIPES:
When it comes to serving a great recipe for dinner, options are always good. While I’m sure that these Philly cheesesteak sandwiches will be at the top of your meal planning list, it’s a good idea to have other yummy options, too.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This recipe for air fryer shaved steak takes less than 15 minutes! That’s a super short cook time!
- You can load up the green peppers for extra veggies.
- This is a good recipe for family dinners, and is my favorite tailgating recipe during football season, too!
- Bell pepper
- Frozen Steaks
- Texas Toast
- Seasoning Salt
- Provolone Cheese
*see recipe card for detailed measurements
KITCHEN SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
- Air Fryer
HOW TO MAKE Philly cheesecake recipe in air fryer
When it comes to a good Philly cheesesteak recipe, this will be your new go-to! Use it as part of a game day spread, or add it to your list of favorite at home, easy recipes.
Step 1: Cut up the onions and the bell peppers in preparation to saute them.
Step 2: Put 2 tablespoons of butter into a skillet on the stove. Make sure the heat is on medium, and then add in the sliced onions and peppers and saute. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
Step 3: Cook the frozen steaks for two minutes on each side. Once done, break up the meat.
Step 4: Put the onions and peppers that are cooked into the pan once again so that they’re combined with the cooked steak. Add in 1/2 tsp of the seasoning salt.
Step 5: Put four pieces of garlic Texas toast into the air fryer. Cook them at 400 degrees for 3 minutes of time. Flip and then cook for another 3 minutes.
Step 6: Put your sandwich together by adding a slice of Provolone cheese to each piece of toast. Grab a pair of tongs and pile on the meat mixture.
Step 7: Add another piece of Provolone cheese on top of each.
Step 8: Top with the other piece of garlic bread.
Step 9: Cook the entire sandwich for another 3 minutes in the air fryer at 350 degrees to get that cheese nice and melty.
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
- This recipe CAN make four delicious Philly cheesecake sandwiches but that all depends on how full you stuff ’em. More meat means that you’ll likely only get two sandwiches out of this recipe, but you can get four if you ration out the meat.
- Save time and buy your onion slices and green pepper slices already sliced at the store. Most times it’s only like a few pennies more and it’s totally worth it when it comes to meal prepping!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- The first time that you make this easy air fryer frozen Philly cheesesteak recipe, make it exactly as written. But the second batch? Change it up! You can easily skip the garlic toast and make air fryer Philly cheese calzones using pizza dough or air fried Philly cheese taquitos using flour tortillas. You can even make air fryer Philly cheesesteak egg rolls for a quick appetizer. Nothing changes except the outer layer!
- Change up the cheese – You’ll see that I don’t use cheez whiz on this delicious Philly cheesesteak recipe but if you want to, go for it. You can choose any type of cheese that you want and make it happen. American cheese or cheddar cheese would both be great.
Garlic toast Philly cheesesteaks need to be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge. As long as the container is sealed tight, it should be good for 3-4 days without any issues.
To reheat, just put the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches back into the air fryer and reheat at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes. This will crisp up the garlic bread and make that cheesy ooey-gooey and melty again! It’s essential to reheat Philly cheesesteak in air fryer so that it tastes like it was made fresh!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you make these easy sandwiches ahead of time?
You can. If you want to meal prep, you can cook the peppers, onions, and meat in a large skillet and then store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Cooking up the meat mixture early will save you time!
Can I use fresh steak instead of frozen steak?
Yes, you can. This fried cheesesteak mixture is fine using fresh or frozen, so pick what works best for you. A juicy steak like ribeye would be a great option for a fresh beef steak.
Can I cut down on the amount of bread used?
Absolutely. You can turn this into an open-faced sandwich by just using one piece of garlic toast instead of two. Just consider putting a toothpick in the cheese because cheese can easily fly off while being cooked in an air fryer!
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
More Air Fryer Recipes!
Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak
- 4 pieces Garlic Texas toast frozen
- 2 Frozen beef steaks Steak Eze or Steak Umms
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 4 pieces Provolone cheese
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up the onions and the bell peppers and put them in a large bowl.
- Put 2 T of butter into a skillet on the stove. Make sure the heat is on medium and then add in the sliced onions and peppers and saute. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
- Cook the frozen steaks for two minutes on each side. Once done, break up the meat.
- Put the onions and peppers that are cooked into the pan once again so that they're combined with the cooked steak. Add in 1/2 tsp of the seasoning salt.
- Put four pieces of garlic Texas toast into the air fryer. Cook them at 400 degrees for 3 minutes of time. Flip and then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put your sandwich together by adding a slice of Provolone cheese to each piece of toast. Grab a pair of tongs and pile on the meat mixture.
- Add another piece of Provolone cheese on top of each.
- Top with the other piece of garlic bread.
- Cook the entire sandwich for another 3 minutes in the air fryer at 350 degrees.