When it comes to fast and delicious, Air Fryer Nachos are here for the win! You can enjoy this as an easy snack to share with others or make your own nachos and pile on your favorite toppings as high as they’ll can go! There’s just something so satisfying about layers of chips topped with endless amounts of nacho toppings. You’ll see why it’s my favorite snack!
AIR FRYER NACHOS
There’s a debate that always pops up when we start talking about making these delicious nachos. Is this air fryer nachos recipe a meal, an appetizer, a snack, or all of them in one? If you’re asking me, the best part about eating nachos is that it’s TOTALLY acceptable to eat them any time of the day.
Lunch? You bet. Dinner? For sure. Late at night while you’re binging your show on Netflix? THE BEST.
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Once you start snacking and get the texture of the crispy chips with the melted cheese, it’s game on for more recipes like this one! Here are some other yummy options that I think you’ll love, too: Chicken Fajita Crunchwrap, Frito Chili Pie, Taco Bell Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This is a one-basket meal! You can brown the beef directly and assemble your nachos in the air fryer and not dirty other dishes!
- Crispy nachos make the best nachos!
- The gooey cheese perfectly covers every surface of these air fry nachos.
- This is a fun recipe for game day, Cinco de Mayo, and weekend snacking!
- If you’re worried about how long to cook nachos in the air fryer – I assure it’s a short time! SO FAST!
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Black beans
- Black olives
- Green onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
*see recipe card for detailed measurements
KITCHEN SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
- Air Fryer
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula
- Cheese grater (if you’re shredding your own cheese)
HOW TO MAKE LOADED AIR FRYER NACHOS
Step 1: Start by breaking up the beef by hand and putting it into the air fryer basket. Add a little bit of olive oil on top and sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef evenly as well.
Step 2: Cook the beef mixture for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Once the time has passed, open up the air fryer basket and use your wooden spoon to toss the beef around.
Step 3: Once you’ve mixed it up a bit, cook it in the air fryer for another 3-4 minutes. You want to be sure that there is no pink remaining and that it’s browned completely.
Step 4: Put the cooked meat in a small bowl and set it aside for later. Clean the grease that is on the bottom of the air fryer basket and then add a layer of parchment paper. It’s time to start putting together the nachos!
Step 5: Put the chips on the parchment paper and then add on the shredded cheese.
Step 6: Layer on the cooked taco meat, black beans and cheese and put that into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees. You want the cheese to be melted.
Step 7: Once that cooking time has passed, add the cut tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, and other toppings then lift the nachos out of the air fryer using the edges of the parchment paper and put them onto a plate.
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket – If you don’t add the chips in a single layer, you’re going to end up with soggy nachos! (and seriously – nobody has time for that!)
- Use parchment paper – If you’re worried about making a mess in the air fryer, lay a little bit of parchment paper on the bottom of the air basket so that it catches all the goodness that may fall off. (and if it catches it, it’s fair game to eat it, too!)
- You don’t have to cook your meat in the air fryer – If you want to use a skillet, you can brown the ground beef that way, too! This is an easy way to make air fryer nachos with ground beef, too!
- Don’t have parchment paper? No worries – you can still make these air fryer nachos with ground beef without it! It just might be a little harder to lift them out of the basket.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- If you want to make this low carb, you can make your own homemade tortilla chips by using a low carb wrap and cutting it into triangles. Add a little bit of olive oil to each slice and cook them up in the air fryer for a few minutes.
- Change up the cheese – More cheese, please! You can use any type of cheese that you’d like. Some great options are Mexican cheese, Cheddar cheese, and any type of Mexican blend shredded cheese that you can create, combine, or think of. Any cheese is the best cheese, in my opinion.
- Add all the toppings – This is where you can change up the flavor of these easy air fryer nachos each and every time. Pile high the good stuff and enjoy! Add some refried beans, black beans, or just stick to making classic nachos that are more simple, too. Don’t forget that fresh cilantro adds so much flavor!
- Make your own taco seasoning – If you don’t have store-bought taco seasoning on hand, no stress! Make your own homemade taco seasoning for these air fryer loaded nachos by combining 1 tbsp chili powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp oregano, ½ tsp paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp of table salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Make chicken nachos – Simply by changing out the beef with chicken, you can create epic air fryer chicken nachos, too!
Leftover nachos just really aren’t the best. It pains me to say that, but it’s true. If you want to store some of the leftover taco meat to make fresh nachos, add it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. Otherwise, make this air fryer nachos recipe fresh every time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Can I Use Leftover Taco Meat?
If you have taco meat leftover, use it in an omelet! Pairing that with eggs and cheese makes for a killer way to start the day!
Can I layer chips in the air fryer?
I don’t recommend it. The hot air needs to be able to circulate to crisp up these air fryer loaded nachos. If you stack the chips too high, they won’t crisp up!
What are the best toppings for nachos?
I could write a whole book on toppings for nachos! Think pico de Gallo, salsa, nacho cheese sauce, sliced black olives, diced onions, and even chopped-up jalapeno peppers! The more toppings, the better!
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
Other Amazing Air Fryer Recipes:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Optional Toppings: jalapenos, lettuce, corn, salsa, pico de gallo, cilantro
- Start by breaking up the beef by hand and putting it into the air fryer basket. Add a little bit of olive oil on top and sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef evenly as well.
- Cook the beef mixture for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once the time has passed, open up the air fryer basket and use your wooden spoon to toss the beef around. Once you've mixed it up a bit, cook it in the air fryer for another 3-4 minutes. You want to be sure that there is no pink remaining and that it's browned completely.
- Put the cooked meat in a small bowl and set it aside for later.
- Clean the grease that is on the bottom of the air fryer basket and then add a layer of parchment paper. It's time to start putting together the nachos!
- Put the chips on the paper and then add on the shredded cheese.
- Add the cooked taco meat, black beans and cheese and put that into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees. You want the cheese to be melted.
- Once that cooking time has passed, add the cut tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, and other toppings.
- Lift the nachos out of the air fryer using the edges of the parchment paper and put them onto a plate.