White Queso (Viral TikTok Recipe!)
Tik Tok White Queso (Queso Blanco) has taken the internet by storm! It’s the ultimate game day snack or party appetizer that tastes JUST like what you would get at your favorite local Mexican restaurant!
If you’re a fan of cheesy dips and crave the creamy, smooth texture of white queso dip, this recipe is for you. It’s easy to make in a slow cooker or crock pot and will be a hit at your next gathering!
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s only four ingredients and you can toss them all into a slow cooker and sit back while the magic happens!
- As the cost of restaurant food rises, you can make this queso at home for an entire family for about the same price as a single serving at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- People have been trying to recreate this recipe for YEARS! Now you know…it doesn’t even use Velveeta!
White Queso Ingredients
- Evaporated Milk
- American Cheese (white or yellow)
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Green Chilies
*see recipe card for amounts
How to Make Queso Blanco
Step 1: Stack up your cheese slices cut them into 4 quarters. (This will help the cheese to melt down easier).
Step 2: Pour two cans of evaporated milk into a crock pot. Next pour in the green chilies (un-drained). Mix these two together.
Step 3: Add your cheese slices to the crock pot, making sure to seperate them as you go. Stir all the ingredients together well.
Step 4: Cover with a lid and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until all the cheeses are melted.
Step 5: Serve with tortilla chips, pork rinds, over nachos, with leftover Mexican food…whatever you’d like, the sky’s the limit!
Storage and Reheating Notes
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS: To reheat, place the leftover queso in a saucepan and slowly reheat on medium heat on the stove. Or place it in the microwave heating on full power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between intervals, until melted and heated through. If your white queso seems a little thick, add a little milk to help thin it out as it reheats.
Helpful Tips & Substitutions
The main difference between white queso and regular queso is the type of cheese that is used as the base. White queso is made with white American cheese, while regular queso can be made with a variety of cheeses.
I suggest trying any of these: cooked, taco seasoning, ground beef, cumin, rotel, diced onions, sour cream or even jalapeno peppers!
This White Queso Pairs Perfectly with:
- 16 ounces Evaporated Milk 2 cans
- 1 lb Pepper Jack Cheese sliced
- 1 lb American Cheese white or yellow
- 4 ounces Green Chilies un-drained
- Stack up your cheese slices and cut them into 4 quarters. (This will help the cheese to melt down easier).
- Pour two cans of evaporated milk into a crock pot. Next pour in the green chilies (un-drained). Mix these two together.
- Add your cheese slices to the crock pot, making sure to separate them as you go. Stir all the ingredients together well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until all the cheeses are melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pork rinds, over nachos, with leftover Mexican food…whatever you'd like, the sky's the limit!