Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapples
If you love easy, delicious air fryer recipes, this is the perfect one for you. Slathered in brown sugar and butter and grilled to perfection, these bacon wrapped pineapples are the perfect appetizer for any meal!
- Thick Cut Bacon
- Pineapple Slices (drained)
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- if you want to add a little heat, you can add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes to the brown sugar mixture
*see recipe card
Step by Step Instructions for Making Bacon Wrapped Pineapples
Step 1: Pour the pineapples from the can into a colander and drain, pat dry to get rid of excess liquid. Place the slices on a cutting board and cut each ring into three pieces. (this allows you have to have big enough slices for the bacon to wrap around.
Step 2: Cut the bacon strips into thirds as well. Make sure to make these pieces are similar in size as possible.
Step 3: Wrap each pineapple piece in bacon by laying the bacon flat and place the pineapple in the center of the strip and fold up on each side, then use a toothpick to secure the bacon.
Step 4: Microwave the brown sugar and butter together in a bowl for 40 seconds, then stir and continue heating in 5 second increments until the brown sugar is dissolved into the butter and you have a thick glaze.
Step 5: Place half of the pineapple/bacon skewers into the air fryer without crowding, you will need to work in batches.
Step 6: Use a pastry brush or spoon to coat each of the skewers in the brown sugar glaze.
Step 7: Place the basket into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Check the bacon and if you prefer it even crispier, cooke for 2-3 minutes longer.
Step 8: Once they done cooking, remove the first batch to a plate and air fry the second batch. Serve warm.
Storage and Re-heating Notes
You can store these in an airtight container for up to a week and can reheat them in the microwave on high for 45 seconds or return them to the air fryer for 4 minutes on 350 degrees.
If you’ve made this recipe or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how they turned out. We love hearing from you! You can also follow along with me on FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to see more colorful recipes!
Try Some of My Other Favorite Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Kitchen scissors
- Pastry Brush
- 8 ounces Bacon 8 slices, thick cut
- 20 ounce Pineapple Rings canned
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter
- Drain the canned pineapple slices and cut each pineapple into 3 equal pieces.
- Take 8 slices of bacon and cut them into 3 equal strips.
- Lay the bacon strips out and place a pineapple slice in the center of each one, then fold over both ends of the bacon onto the top of the pineapple and use a toothpick to secure.
- Add the brown sugar and butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 40 seconds, stir and continue heating in 5 second increments until fully melted and you have created a glaze.
- Place half of the pineapple bacon skewers into the air fryer basket and generously brush each one with the brown sugar glaze. (You will need to cook in two batches to keep from crowding while cooking)
- Place the basket in air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Check after 10 minutes and cook for 2-3 minutes more depending on your desired level of crispiness!