Are you tired of the same old chocolate chip or sugar cookies? Craving something fresh, zesty, and delightfully fruity?
Look no further, as I present to you the ultimate Cool Whip Cookie recipe.
These luscious lemon cookies, topped with light and fluffy strawberry Cool Whip, are guaranteed to tickle your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These Cool Whip Cookies are a game changer in the world of dessert. Here’s why you’ll fall head over heels in love with them:
- Easy to make: With a prep time of just 15 minutes and a cook time of another 15 minutes, you’ll have mouth watering cookies ready in just 30 minutes! That’s quicker than your favorite pizza delivery!
- Impressive presentation: The beautiful contrast between the lemon cookies and the strawberry Cool Whip frosting makes these cookies look like they belong in a gourmet bakery.
- Fun for the family: Get your kids involved in the baking process. They’ll love rolling the cookie dough in powdered sugar and decorating the finished cookies with strawberries.
- Customizable: Not a fan of lemon cake mix? No problem! Switch it up with your favorite cake mix flavor, and you’ll still end up with scrumptious cookies.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make these delightful Cool Whip Cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Lemon Cake Mix
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Powdered Sugar
- Strawberry gelatin powder
- *see recipe card below for specific amounts
How to Make Cool Whip Cookies
Step 1: Preheat and Mix
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl or stand mixer, pour in the lemon cake mix, one large egg, and a full tub of Cool Whip.
Beat the ingredients together until you achieve a light and fluffy texture.
Warning: you may be tempted to taste the dough at this point, but remember, raw eggs are a no-no!
Step 2: Scoop and Coat
Next, grab your trusty one-inch cookie scoop and scoop out the cookie dough. Drop each scoop directly into the powdered sugar.
The dough will be sticky, so avoid direct hand contact unless you want to become the Cookie Monster’s cousin, the Sticky Dough Monster.
Gently roll the dough balls in the powdered sugar until fully coated, then place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about ½ inch apart.
Step 3: Bake and Cool
Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they’re set.
Remember, patience is a virtue, and good things come to those who wait (and don’t burn their cookies).
Once they’re done, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the pan.
Step 4: Frost and Decorate
While your cookies are baking, combine the second tub of Cool Whip with the strawberry gelatin powder in a bowl. Blend the two together using a spatula, creating a light pink, flavored Cool Whip.
Feel free to customize the color and flavor intensity to your liking.
Once the cookies have cooled, frost them with the strawberry Cool Whip and sprinkle diced strawberries on top. Voilà! Your Cool Whip Cookies are now ready to be devoured.
Reheating and Storage Information
To keep your Cool Whip Cookies fresh and scrumptious, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
If you need to store them longer, you can freeze the cookies for up to 2 months. Just make sure to separate each layer of cookies with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen cookies, simply transfer them to the refrigerator to thaw for a few hours.
If you prefer your cookies warm, you can reheat them in the oven at 250 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes. Just be cautious not to overheat the cookies, as it can cause the Cool Whip frosting to melt.
Helpful Cooking Notes
To make your Cool Whip Cookie baking experience even better, here are some helpful cooking notes to keep in mind:
- Customize your cookies: Feel free to experiment with different cake mix flavors and gelatin powder colors to create a unique and personalized treat. You can even try different fruits for the topping – the sky’s the limit!
- Parchment paper is your friend: To prevent your cookies from sticking to the pan, make sure to line it with parchment paper. It also makes for easier cleanup, and who doesn’t love that?
- Keep an eye on the clock: Don’t get too caught up in a Netflix binge while your cookies are baking. Check on them at the 10-minute mark and keep an eye on them to prevent overbaking.
- Let the cookies cool: As tempting as it may be to dig into your cookies immediately, allow them to cool on the pan first. This helps the cookies set and makes them easier to handle when frosting and decorating.
In conclusion, these Cool Whip Cookies are an easy, delicious, and stunning dessert option that will impress your family and friends.
With their bright lemon flavor and fluffy strawberry Cool Whip frosting, they’re sure to become a new favorite in your cookie rotation.
So, go ahead and whip up a batch of these delightful cookies, and let the compliments roll in!
Try Some of our favorite Dessert Recipes
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 Egg, large
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed, divided in half
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Strawberry Gelatin, dry powder
- 2 cups Strawberries, fresh, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, pour in cake mix, one large egg and the full tub of cool whip and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Use a one inch cookie scoop to scoop out the cookie dough.
- Drop each scoop of cookie dough directly into the powdered sugar (the cool whip dough is very sticky so you don't want to hold the uncoated dough directly in your hand) and lightly roll them around until covered then place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about ½ inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until set, then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the pan.
- While the cookies are baking add the second tub of cool whip to a bowl along with the strawberry gelatin powder and use a spatula to blend the two together. This will flavor the cool whip and color it light pink. (Feel free to use more or less to your taste)
- Frost each cooled cookie with the strawberry cool whip and sprinkle on diced strawberries on top.